People415’s client is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since their public launch in 2015, they’ve cemented their position as the fastest-growing brokerage with over two million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. They received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and were named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
Top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas back them.
About the Role:
- Lead a team of designers to deliver world class experiences for a growing user base
- Inspire great design from your teammates and care most about developing a team of designers to become the best they can be
- Build processes to attract and hire more designers, and build (and remove!) processes to streamline the way we turn ideas into products that get delivered to our users quickly with a very high quality bar.
- Care deeply about building an enduring brand, a product experience like no other, and listen to data and research from users to help your team create the best products they can imagine.
- Be a great team leader that’s able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be supported by a strong group of engineers, product managers, content strategists, and marketers to reach our common goal - to help democratize the American financial system.
Some things our client considers critical to being a Design Manager:
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 4 years of design experience building excellent consumer products
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing and developing diverse design teams
- Execution oriented mindset - with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done, but the eye and heart to make sure it’s something users love
- You’ve debated different designs, and learned the times you’ve been both right and wrong when put in front of actual users
- Most importantly, love and care of your craft
- You can’t wait for the opportunity to shape design philosophy and discipline on a small, high impact team, and grow it into a large, high impact team
- You are an awesome designer yourself. You would be a great fit on the team we already have and bring a strong portfolio and consumer products experience.
- You work quickly and know how to inspire a team to design for quality while moving fast. You set and keep the bar very high.
- As a leader in the company, you care about building the processes to drive design through the full product and engineering teams to deliver best-in-class user experiences. You’ll get to collaborate with our founders, product leads, and in-house user research team to build the fastest growing U.S. financial firm in history
What sets our client apart:
- Work with a talented and mission-driven team, and collaborate directly with our cofounders
- Ship products quickly! We release our apps every week and run on 2-week sprints.
- Fast-growing team. You'll have the opportunity to grow with the company and lead larger organizations as we grow.
Interested candidates may submit their resume directly to email@example.com
Location: Menlo Park, CA